There is a $3 submission fee for most departments; this contribution will help us to pay for Submittable so other funds can be used to pay contributors. However, if you prefer not to pay a fee (which is totally fine), you have options:
- Submit via Submittable during our open submission periods. Sign up for our newsletter, and we'll send you a reminder when our open submission periods are imminent.
- If the $3 truly presents an undue financial burden, please submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please know that the $3 submission fee covers the cost of using Submittable. We are financially and editorially independent, and the only funds we have are those we raise ourselves. We truly appreciate your support.
Just a few additional things:
- Upon publication, contributors will be paid a $20–$50 fee, depending on department and number/length of works published ($20 for a Micro; $25+ for a poem; $50 for all other departments).
- All pieces should be original, and previously unpublished in any format in English.
- We acquire first serial rights worldwide in English and non-exclusive anthology rights.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted; please be sure to withdraw your piece promptly if it’s accepted elsewhere.
- Please don't send more than one submission per department; wait until your work is accepted or declined before submitting again.
- Please direct all inquiries and comments to email@example.com.
- We'll do our utmost to respond within six to eight weeks, but due to the volume of submissions we receive, and the careful & collaborative nature of our review process, that may not always be possible. Thank you for your patience.
There is no limit to how many items are featured in a list; however, high-resolution images — which you have permission to use! — should be available to accompany most or all items. Please submit a 1–2 paragraph proposal describing your idea and describing/identifying the images that your piece would include.
Ten- to 560-character works in any genre. Published simultaneously on The Offing site and our Twitter account. (You may submit one to five Micros in a single submission.)
Please include the original year of publication, the original language, and a brief biography of both the translator and author. It is the translator's responsibility to obtain permission from the author/rights-holder prior to submitting the piece.
Writing tuned to form and place : location, space, setting, situation, position. Formerly known as YOU ARE HERE.